Wednesday, May 03, 2006

Phone Killer!!

If they ever create a phone that withstands all sorts of shock and drops, I will be the first one to get my hands on it.

It’s official: I’m a phone killer.

I dropped my phone onto the floor yesterday. It flew apart in four pieces. These were the battery, the back cover, the top back portion of the phone, the phone itself. The covers were loose and I had to snap everything back into place. When I shoved the battery back and snapped the covers into order, the touchscreen was not responding. I thought it’d died on me for good.

Luckily, I’m not one to give up easily. Later that night, I tapped some more, jabbed a little bit, pushed a few buttons here and there and, voila! it started working again. Although my contacts and settings had all gone back to zilch (thank gawd I sync with my T41 daily), at leas the SIM had the essential contacts and I was no longer incommunicado.

I can’t remember not ever dropping any of my phones once. The worst being my old tank of a Motorola (remember those heavy things you could whack someone with and give them a concussion?). I dropped my handbag from the first floor of the mall at Sunway Pyramid all the way down to ground or lower ground, I forget which. All I know is, my handbag went splat and the contents spilled out, so did my phone. After retrieving said bag and splayed contents, I found a crack on the side of the Motorola but other than that, it worked fine. If I ever dropped any of the new-fangled phones of today the way I did that Motorola, they would not have even breath of a chance of survival.

I really need to be more careful, less clumsy and more mindful of my valuables. At this rate, I can’t ever upgrade to a pricier, feature-rich phone. What’s the point when all I do is murder my phones?




No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin