Monday, July 24, 2006

Counting the eggs before they've hatched

Okay, I admit it. We’re ready to have kids. Well, the truth of the matter is, I’m not quite sure that I’m ready but if we don’t start now, who knows when we’ll ever start having a family?

Who else but both sets of parents would be madly excited about our decision? The point was driven firmly home this morning when I got into the office.

My mom had packed last night’s leftover meehoon for my breakfast. Together with the noodles, she’d added another container. She excitedly explained to me that they were full moon eggs from a friend’s daughter. She had tried long and hard to conceive and finally, they were blessed with a baby.

“Here, the eggs are for good luck, eat them. So that you’ll conceive soon.”

??????

Evidently, this child, when it arrives will not want for anything.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin