Thursday, December 27, 2007

Sales In Singapore

I'd forgotten why I'd avoided sales all this while. Trying to manouvre Sophie around in her stroller at Robinsons in Raffles City, it didn't take much to remind me why I'd rather shop during non-sales periods. The sheer number of people compounded with the long queues at the cashier and the difficulty in trying get through narrow aisles crammed with people are but some of the put-offs that have encouraged me to pay for my merchandise at full price. It totally turned me off trying on shoes and clothes.

I was luckier at Plaza Singapura; just by sheer luck I found a glittery dress in a style that I liked at Dorothy Perkins and good thing I had on my tank top so I could just slip it on and look at myself in the shop mirror without having to queue for a fitting room. Just my luck also that it happened to be the last piece on the rack in my size. 50% off! Wow. Talk about destiny.

All I need to complete my look for the eventual, still as yet unconfirmed New Year's Eve party is a pair of shoes to go with the dress.

Should I bother with shopping this weekend? Maybe I'll get lucky at Parkway Parade, who knows?


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin