Friday, December 28, 2007

Where The Animals Cavort and Play

It's been a long time since I've been to the zoo. I avoid the KL zoo for a valid reason: looking at listless, half-starved and vapid animals in captivity is depressing. That was a long time ago but I don't have faith that there has been much improvement since the last time (15-20 years?) since I've been there.

The same can't be said for the Singapore zoo; I actually WANT to, look forward to going there. And to see how Sophie would take to an outing in the sun.

So today we met Sam and Aisha in the morning for our traipse out into the Singapore 'wilderness'.



Otters taking a break from building their dams, baking in the sun.


This is not a dear but I can't remember what it's called.


Sophie and me catching some sun, on the way to see the cheetahs.


We saw the lionesses instead.


Old man monkey.


This green tree python and his sleeping position reminds me of Janell Cannon's Verdi.


Exhibit 56: Crying baby.


This is a jaguar, not a cheetah or a leopard.


Jaguars have a black spot in the middle of their rings.


Like Trixie in the wild.


Handsome boy.


My target exhibit; there weren't any other Asian tigers, just the White Tigers at the zoo. The Asian tiger can be found at the Night Safari. Note: there are only 7,000 tigers left in the wild and they are all Asian tigers. I hope Sophie can grow up knowing tigers and that they will still exist when she's an adult.


Sam the Man.


All of us camera ready except for Sophie.


A little loving from Daddy.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin