Thursday, June 05, 2008

The Girl In White



Even with the muted effect of the polaroid, you can still clearly see that one small eye. Oh well....

This was taken several weeks back, a month almost and is one of my favourites. I'd just gotten my 680SLR then and was having a field day, trying to limit myself to just one polaroid a day. For the most part, I succeeded.

The girl has a thing for cameras; the moment I pick up the 680 or the D80, she'll make a beeline for either. With the D80, she'll fiddle with the lens cap and try to put it back onto the lens, a few times she succeeded. She even knows how to get her fingers around the cap mechanism and fit it back onto the lens with a teeny little bit of help. One day I found her on the floor with the D80, cap off, trying to fit the cap back on with a little too much gusto. I just about had heart palpitations. Thank goodness we'd gotten the Hoya filter to fit onto the lens proper.

In the meantime, am looking forward to a weekend away in Bali. Other than being away on holiday, the best part of the trip is we get to have fun with the rest of the Ng family too. I don't think we've EVER gone away on a family holiday before. The last time I remember when we were actually on a family holiday was in Langkawi waaaay back when and that doesn't count because sis was only a tot just a little older than Sophia and the reason I remember it is because we have pictures of her naked on the beach (no one will ever find them as she's snitched these off the photo album and taken them into her safekeeping).

Nope, no other family holidays when we turned into teenagers and then blossomed into full grown adults. Damn, I have never taken a proper family holiday with my parents and sis before! Let's hope we don't get on each others' nerves too much. But then again, there's always the grandchild to deflect any family tensions/crises.

Oh, and there's always the private pool at the villa that we'll be staying in.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin