Thursday, December 04, 2008

Twilight No More

Crap! I just reread my posts about Stephenie Meyer's Twilight here and here and boy, do I sound like a woozy, love-struck teenager. Ack! What the fish?!! I mean, I liked the first book but by the third one, I was beginning to think that she was laying on the romance and mushiness and the love forever crap too thick already. By the fourth book, I basically just tried to gloss over the mushy bits as much as I could without puking and gagging.

Which brings me to the movie: no, I'm not intending to watch it. First off, Robert Pattinson (Edward) looks totally FUGLY in the posters and trailers. He does NOT a gorgeous vampire make. In fact, he looks too much like the undead. Hmmm...I recall the vampires in Twilight are supposed to look like normal people, just inhumanly gorgeous, but not deadly gorgeous. He looks way too pale and what's with the hair?

I suppose Kristen Stewart as Bella is passable but then, the male lead has already spoiled it for me. It's not Pattinson's fault. Rizal says it's the makeup and I think I'd have to agree with him. The make-up people for the movie ought to be shot. Or rather, whoever visualised the Cullens as they did in the movie. It's just too contrived.

Anyway, unless you're the last few directors who did a splendid job with Harry Potter or Peter Jackson who brought LOTR to life on screen, well...these movies based on books, especially fantasy, are hard to flesh out and usually disappoint. For me, anyways.

So, oh well...one less movie to watch. Not that I watch that many movies anyway.


3 comments:

sarah said...

ahhaa...its true, i was re-reading the book lately and it seems like bella is gushing over how beautiful and god-like Edward is on every page!

but i'm still jealous you watched the movie already!~ :p i hv to wait til next month!

marineko said...

i seem to recall Bella's first impression of the Cullens as sickly pale....? it was only mentioned in that first impression, though.

i actually liked Bella in the movie. Edward is so-so; at least he doesn't make me think of Cedric Diggory! His hair was the biggest WTF!?

Of course the book is better, but I actually enjoyed the movie. Could be because I like teen flicks, though.

marineko said...

haha. i just read your Twilight review. i was just as absorbed when i read it for the first time, although i didn't really think that it was that great. (weird right, to really enjoy a book and yet not thinking that it's very good?)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin