Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Fantasy Streak

Been reading up a storm of fantasy YA fiction recently. And mighty good ones at that (they're all on my library haul lists). I just wish some of these fantasy titles wouldn't have prequels or sequels. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE these tales, I just find the waiting for sequels to be tedious. Almost ALL the fantasy titles I've read have sequels and one of them has a prequel (Graceling, prequel: Fire). Sigh...most of them are out later this year and I hope by then I haven't gotten tired of waiting or forgotten too much of the details of the first book that I'll have to reread it before going on to the sequel.

Why can't fantasy be short and precise?

Hmm...I suppose then I'd run out of some really amazing books to read.

Oh well...


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin