Thursday, May 21, 2009

One Of Those Days

I should have just slept early. Instead I finished up Nick & Norah after I put Sophie to bed. And then I did some spreadsheet trawling for work. Then I decided to pick up Westerfeld's Midnighters again. Big mistake.

Sophie slept at 10pm. Nick & Norah kept me up for another 40 minutes or so. Work took another 1 hour plus. Midnighters kept me riveted. Up until I heard Sophia crying for me a little before 1am. Even after I'd put her back to bed (didn't take long), I couldn't put the book down. I read by the light of a torchlight next to her in bed.

Sometime after 2am, she woke up to take a sip of water from her bottle, got mighty frustrated that she couldn't sip from it lying down (it was her sippy cup, after all) and decided to throw a major tantrum.

In the end, after a couple of rounds trekking up and down the stairs to the kitchen and then to retrieve her Maisy books, reading to her and then having her read to me, giving her a brand new pacifier (only to have her ask me to keep it after 10 minutes), singing to her and finally, just plain ignoring her with the bedside light on, she and I fell asleep sometime after 3am.

It's a good thing there are no trains running outside our window. At least I caught some extea zzzzs and she only woke me up sometime after 7am instead of her usual 6am.

And today is only the day where I have to stare at more spreadsheets and contribute my part to pricing policies. Lucky me.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin