Wednesday, May 20, 2009

The Reason For Her Early Mornings

Great, it has only taken me THIS long to realize that Sophie doesn't have a biological clock that wakes her up every morning by 6.30am. It is actually the sound of the trains passing by under our window that is her alarm clock. I'm guessing that they start running at 6am and 30 minutes of the buzz and hum are enough to be her morning calls.

Hubby has mentioned it a few times but I've dismissed it, putting down her early hours to her quirky biological clock. However, I couldn't dispute hubby's reasoning after two days home in KL. The fact hit me smack in the face this morning. Yesterday she slept till 7.45am and this morning she woke up at 7.15am. And yesterday her afternoon nap lasted three hours, undisturbed by overhead army planes/fighter jets and passing trains.

We were wondering whether to go through the trouble of moving out of our current place. We got lazy and also didn't find anything to our liking. So we extended our lease for one more year. Now I know that moving out will be a priority when our lease comes close to expiring next July. No more being lazy and finding excuses for not moving.

I can only imagine how many cumulative hours of sleep my poor girl has lost. One hour a day from last May till now. Almost 365 days. Doesn't take a genius to know that she's been deprived.


3 comments:

Ivan Lim said...

you in kl now? for how long?

Ashkarya said...

hey hey! am going back sunday. how you?

Kat said...

Wish I can go over to see Sophie. Really miss her. I can't because my teaching hours are full - 9 am to 5 pm every day from Mon to Fri. Plus baba is sick and now in Pantai. Just got admitted today.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin