Tuesday, July 07, 2009

While I Was Eating Today

Lunch was a somewhat 'quirky' affair today.

I had a passable beef kuay teow soup, replete with beefballs and beef slices. I would have probably enjoyed it more except for the fact that not two feet away, at the table on my left, a Buddhist nun had vegetarian fried meehoon. As I was finishing up on my meal, a lady sat down at the table on my right and ordered her lunch.

"Can you tell the chef not to use oil in my laksa? I don't want oil, if possible. I don't want oil floating at the top of my laksa," she told the waitress.

I bit back a rude retort and stifled a smirk. Er, laksa with no oil?

What part of
laksa does she not understand? You can't have laksa with no oil!

As my husband would say, "Damn stupid Singaporeans!"


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin