Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Helping Out

Jona's in the kitchen preparing dinner.


I'm on the laptop trying to finish up my story before I head to class tonight.


Sophia comes over and tells me, "Mommy, mommy! Sophia wants to wee-wee."


So I get her out of her panties and ask her to get on the potty by herself. Which she promptly does. There's a bit of scuffling when she tries to position her potty into a better spot to get a good view on both Jona and me.


The next thing I know, she's taken her potty into the bathroom and trying to empty its contents into the toilet bowl. When I see that she's in the bathroom, I get up and try to give her a hand. Peering into the bowl, I notice she's done #2 and has successfully poured the contents from potty into the bowl.


Wow. She's gone from needing reminders and supervision to use the potty to using it and emptying it herself.


Another stepping stone for the little monster.



No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin