Monday, August 09, 2010

Feels Like A Collar

My dad loves cute little doodads and all manner of beautiful but useless things. We've got a closetful of beautiful Swarovski crystal, loads of knick-knacks lying around the house and a gorgeous blue silk Persian rug which is was destroyed by a bout of accidental washing.

On his recent work trip to Japan, he bought a bunch of trinkets. One of them is the cutest little Japanese which you attach to your mobile phone. Of course, I immediately put it on my phone. It's just too darned cute not to put on.

I love how it dangle coyly from my phone, peaking out from the pouch. It hangs from one side of the pouch while on the other, my ceramic fat cat hangs out.

I only wish I could dampen the sound of the bell that jingles inside its round little kimono. I feel like a cat with one of those collared bells, announcing my every step to all and sundry.

I can't sneak very quietly away to anywhere now. That darned kimono lady announces my intention with my first step.

Now I know why I take the bells off any collars that I've purchased for my cats. And I've purchased many. Not that the collars stay on them for long. I always take pity on their valiant efforts to claw those damned things off and end up taking it off for them myself.

So now I've got my own 'collar' of sorts. It's OK, I guess I can live with the annoying tinkling for a bit. The kimono lady is just too cute to leave sheltered in a box somewhere.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin