Monday, August 09, 2010

The Perils of Driving In KL

Note to self: keep my mouth shut while driving or in the passenger seat in KL.

I have a horrible potty mouth when driving in KL. I can't help it; most KL drivers are nothing but morons in disguise and they bring out the worst in me.

Coming out from the car park at The Curve, an errant driver blocked out exit by trying to enter the lane we were in from the wrong direction. Of course, he was clearly in the wrong. But instead of backing up, he had the audacity to wait for us to back up to let HIM cross. Hubby of course, didn't budge. Ultimately the idjet had to back up and let us cross.

But before he did, there I was putting in my own two cents about the idjet's total lack of character and morals, "Such an asshole!" I spat out. I cannot tolerate people with no road courtesy and I can't not say anything about it.

From the back seat, the small fry pipes up, "You're such an asshole, Daddy!"

Oops. Mummy and her big mouth.

Daddy promptly says, "Mummy's so stupid! Sophie, say 'Mummy's so stupid!'".

"Mummy's so stupid!"

Great, Dad. Thanks for encouraging her; we're raising another potty mouth.

The consolation? At least I don't drive in Singapore and we're only back here about once a month.

1 comment:

The Chair Speaks said...

Hahaha! Sophie's so funny!
Yes, KL drivers are rude. I normally don't fight back but will usually mutter when meeting one, "If you wish, you can GO! I am still too young to meet my maker!". And I would grin in my car.
And when someone honks me from behind, I would tell my mom to take her time getting down from the car and that these young people can wait. My mom needs a cane to walk and is a bit clumsy!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin