Thursday, August 11, 2005

Feline escape

Last night Meg made a stealth escape. Again!

Only difference is I noticed earlier. I sent Rizal out on a search mission and he would have got her except that for some inexplicable reason, she bolted when he neared her. Bolted not to hide but to escape capture! Of course, this meant I had to go do the job myself, so armed with the torchlight, I headed out into the back garden.

The good thing about searching for cats at night is that their eyes will reflect light. So there they were: those two eyes reflecting off the light of my torch, crouched in the dark with two white paws attached to them, hiding by a bush. Unlike Rizal's experience, our furry friend didn't bolt away but tried to crawl into a bush. Crawl into a bush away from me? Fat chance! I grabbed her midsection and dragged her out. She didn't put up much of a struggle and I carried her back in, paws a little grimy from ground and bits of undergrowth stuck to her belly.

Looks like I'll have to be the one going on the search missions from now on. Rizal just seems to bring out the worst in the girls...

Sigh...bummer for me.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin