Friday, September 09, 2005

Be Careful What You Wish For

I did wish that a few of the interview candidates would not show up. I must be more careful what I wish for.

We had 8 interview candidates lined up. Only 1 showed up.

What's with the people today? Set up and confirmed time but never show up. True, we are not the big boys and we're a small set up. We probably won't blacklist (but I do remember when people don't show up) but people should have the common decency to at least call the interviewer and inform them if they are not going to show up. I know I'd call up even though the company was small. Ijets! I hope those no-shows fail in their other interviews!

I remember when the no-shows first happened to me, I was quite bothered. Nowadays when interviews are set up, I've come to expect a 50-60% no-show rate. Today was the worst. It's just a waste of time when you've scheduled a full day and you're left with no shows. Think of all the other more productive things you could do. Customer visits, product updates, sales updates, etc.

I must be more careful with what I wish for. Maybe I should just start wishing for more money and more sales, hahah!!

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin