Friday, September 09, 2005

Wearing Me Down

I have to keep reminding myself I'm not a young spritely thing anymore. I'm only a year after 30 but my body protests like a septuagenarian's. My knees ache, my back aches and most recently after a somewhat hectic two weeks resulting in lack of sleep, my nose is berserk and I feel like a useless sack of rotten potatoes. How much worse can it get? Actually a lot more but I shall not dwell on all the negatives that could crop up.

On the one hand, I have a lot of things to be thankful for (no major illnesses, my health other than the nose, knees and back is relatively fine). I'm not in the pinkest of financial health (or should i say blackest??) but at least I have no immediate wants or needs that I cannot not take care of.

On the other hand, I have to treat my knees and back with kid gloves. Just yesterday I resorted to buying a pair of jazz dance shoes just so can salsa without the heels (the heels are what caused the recurrence of knee problems, methinks). For the record, the jazz shoes are so comfy I may just chuck my salsa shoes into the cupboard and leave them in oblivion!

I also have to step up on my massage sessions to treat the back and shoulders. I'm reluctant to return to Aikido because I know I will somehow or other end up screwing up my falls and hurt something somewhere. Sigh, the possibilities are endless. To top it all off, today my nose is screwing up royally and has in its own mind to teach me a lesson to take better care of my body. If I move around too much, I start sneezing uncontrollably. Which results in my eyes welling up and overflowing with tears and puffing up into major LVs. Did I mention that I am conducting interviews today? And that my wish for some of the candidates not to turn up came true?

I have another 4 hours to go. Am eagerly awaiting the end of the day when I can head home and just crash into my bed. Who needs dinner when the body overules food in favour of sleep? This is how I know that I will never be able to participate in Discovery's Eco Challenge and any of those games where you need to be able to race on limited sleep and rest. I'd be the first one to be disqualified.

Such is life...

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin