Monday, February 13, 2006

Compromises

Salsa on Sunday afternoons is so much better than on Tuesday nights, if only because I’m too stoned and tired after work on Tuesdays to absorb much. It’s true, I think. My brains are too fried from work to concentrate on the moves, let alone remember them after class is over. My mind is clearer and functions at least 50% better on Sunday afternoons when I’ve had enough sleep and not had to stress over reports and sales and what-not as I do on a weekday.

And so I have made a new resolution: to attend classes on Sundays as regularly as I can. I say that because as much as I want to attend every week, Sundays are usually reserved for family time. If we are not spending time together, it’s time with either in-laws or my parents. Although, come to think of it, if it’s anything that would keep me from going to class on a Sunday, it would probably because we’re down in Melaka visiting the in-laws. Well, it’s a shoe-in there; family ties are important.

Life is a series of compromises.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin