Wednesday, January 31, 2007

Week 15

The twin peaks are blossoming like crazy. A friend remarked to me at lunch today, "Gawd, your boobs are huuuge!"

Yes, I much prefer them small.

I resorted to buying two sets of exercise bras from WH over the last weekend and can't believe the comfort of wearing these instead of my one cup-size larger bras. This week I've dug out from the depths of my closet a couple of skirts I'd stopped wearing; beggars can't be choosers: they're jerseylike and expandable and more importantly, comfortable. I've also resorted to sticking to whatever knit and jersey tops I have in my closet that can be worn for work. The total amounts to four. I'm sure I have more. I just have to dig deeper.

I'm abandoning my shirts. Buttons threatening to pop and expose twin orbs do not a professional image make.

On a more serious note (no, seriously!), I experienced some light staining last friday and not wanting to subject myself to two needless weeks of agonizing over the cause (next scheduled appointment is Feb 9), I carted myself over to the doc's that evening after work.

He pronounced my uterus small and placenta low but that everything was normal and prescribed a regime of no sex (again!!) and non-vigorous activity; salsa out, slow dancing in. Rizal will have to keep himself busy with his Digital Playground playmates while I figure out if the blob is setting me up for a life of celibacy.

And I saw its elbows while it wiggled its fingers on the ultrasound. I experienced a mild 'wow'. It disappeared with my next gush of discharge.

Speaking of which, I have been replacing pantyliners like crazy. Somehow, when the books say that there will be extra discharge, they never mention anything about the discharge gushing right after you've gone to the toilet to pee. No, it always happens after you cleaned up and wiped yourself dry and then, the dam bursts. Sigh...it's just one of those things you find out your darned self after you've thought you're clean and dry.

On a brighter note, I suppose little jr. is more appeased with my eating habits these days: I start off with a packet of nasi lemak in the morning, then lunch as usual and by teatime I try to keep it happy with a snack and then I'm ravenous by dinner. I still have gas, especially in the evenings but it's not as nauseating as before.

It will be interesting to see if the blob will decide to grace its parents with a glimpse of its gender during the next gynea visit. Drawing on the last experience with the nuchal fold test, I'm not keeping my hopes up.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin