Thursday, February 15, 2007

Pre-Valentine's Day Surprise

I'm hopeless at the romance stuff. There used to be a time when I'd handmake cards and write soppy, mushy loveletters. Key phrase here is "used to". These days my shows of affection include not burping too loudly when Rizal's around or not whining too much when I'm annoyed.

So as Valentine's Day rolled around the corner I vowed not to have to do the Valentine's Dinner circuit just because everyone charges exorbitant prices for a regular dinner packaged as a lover's dinner. I also conveniently forgot about getting Rizal a present because seriously, there really isn't much that he wants (other than his D&D books, of which I'm not sure which one). I expected no more from him.

Hmm...I underestimated my husband.

He presented me with a Crumpler 6 Million Dollar bag, in black for our Nikon D80 (which is currently unceremoniously sitting in one of the free canvas bags I picked up from a trade show). A friend had suggested a bright red (red, RED!!) but he picked black because he thought there'd be an issue with dirt and grime.

God bless my thoughtful husband.


No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin